For festivals or as visiting artists to universities, we can offer a week with a mixture of lectures, concerts and teaching.
Master classes, workshops, concerts Duo Guy/Homburger
Also possible is the addition of harpsichord (for a programme with Bach, Biber etc.) or a larger continuo group for the complete Biber Mystery Sonatas performance.
1) Duo Concert Maya Homburger baroque violin, Barry Guy bass with works by H.I.F. Biber, J.S.Bach, G.Ph. Telemann, Barry Guy, Buxton Orr, Roger Marsh etc.
2) Lecture by Barry Guy on his graphic scores including demonstration of several pieces written for the baroque violin which incorporate new techniques, free improvisational material etc. (other scores include the compositions "Un Coup de Dés" written for the Hilliard Ensemble and "Buzz" written for the viol ensemble Fretwork).
3) Solo Bass Recital by Barry Guy with works by Xenakis, Stuppner, B.Rands, Druckmann and Free Improvisations.
3a) Demonstration and further insight into the above solo bass pieces.
4) Master class by Maya Homburger on Bach Solo Sonatas and Partitas, H.I.F. Biber and Telemann Solo Fantasies.
5) Also possible: a concert for violin and harpsichord with pieces by Bach, Biber, B.Guy, G.Ligeti etc. - for this programme Malcolm Proud (harpsichord) could be invited.
6) Or a complete performance of H.I.F. Bibers Mystery Sonatas.
7) In addition to 1) to 6) there is also the possibility - if the local musicians, orchestras are interested to perform Barry Guy’s chamber or orchestral pieces like for example "Bird Gong Game" for a straight ensemble (flute, oboe, clarinet, trumpet, percussion) and improvising soloist or his string quartets, or the cello octet "Look Up" or "After the Rain" for string orchestra and/or Flagwalk" also for string orchestra etc. etc. (see work list).
In any case one can create a fascinating week with a repertoire that ranges from the intensely emotional pieces of H.I.F.Biber and J.S.Bach to the most adventurous new works both composed and improvised.